Westcore Energy Ltd. (TSXV:WTR) announced that it has completed the initial resource evaluation at its Black Diamond coal property. The resource evaluation was completed as a result of the first four drill programs at the property. The evaluation was carried out and completed by Heartstone Consulting Ltd.
Evaluation highlights include:
- Measured Tonnes: 40,616,000
- Indicated Tonnes: 9,428,000
- Total Waste Quantities vs. Measured and Indicated Tonnes of Coal Strip Ratio of 1.2:1
- Inferred Tonnes: 10,607,000
- Total Waste Quantities vs. Inferred Strip Ratio of 1.6:1
- Coal is ranked as subbituminous C
Westcore, CEO, Paul Conroy, stated:
We are very pleased with the initial evaluation of coal resources from Black Diamond. Estimates of approximately two thirds of the overall tonnage in the Measured category and strip ratios of these proportions provide further positive encouragement for the potential mining of Black Diamond. These resource calculations, together with the initial resources recently declared on our Panther Property, further firm up the prospects of development of our area play. We are encouraged by these results and excited at the prospect of further expanding on the coal resources at Black Diamond and Panther with drilling on Luna and other untested targets in future drilling programs.